Of the recordings listed below, CDs can be purchased from the HCFS for: Acadian Songs, Fred Redden, Sankofa Songs, and Songs of the Sea. Sankofa Songs is also available from Bandcamp as a full album download or as individual tracks. The Folkways albums can be downloaded from Smithsonian Folkways as albums or tracks. (Click on the links for download details.) CDs can be purchased at What the Folk and other HCFS events, or through the mail by contacting the HCFS (payment by e-transfer, cheque, or PayPal invoice). The price for Acadian Songs, Sankofa Songs, and Songs of the Sea is $20, including shippiing. The price for Fred Redden’s CD is $10, including shipping.
Chansons acadiennes de Pubnico et Grand-Étang tirées de la collection Helen Creighton /
Acadian songs from Pubnico and Grand-Étang From the Helen Creighton Collection. 2008.
Edited by Ronald Labelle. Helen Creighton Folklore Society and Chaire de recherche McCain en ethnologie acadienne. 96 page booklet with extensive notes and lyrics plus a CD of original field recordings from Helen Creighton’s collection.
- Folk Music from Nova Scotia. Folkways Records FW04006, 1956. Recorded and produced by Helen Creighton.
- Lord You Brought Me A Mighty Long Way: An African Nova Scotian Musical Journey. 1997. Contemporary CD Produced by Karl Falkenham; Archival Showcase CD produced by Clary Croft, CBC and The Black Cultural Centre of Nova Scotia.
- Maritime Folk Songs: from the Collection of Helen Creighton. Folkways Records FW04307, 1962. Recorded and produced by Helen Creighton.
- Fred Redden. The Wind that Shakes the Corn: Archival Recordings of a Nova Scotian Traditional Singer. EAP007, 1999. Produced by James Moreira, Faye Armsworthy, and Marcus Merrin for the Fred Redden Society for Traditional Music.
- Sankofa Songs, A Legacy of Roots and Rhythm: African Nova Scotian Songs From The Collection Of Dr. Helen Creighton. 2019.
“From Acetate Disc to Digital Audio: Tracing the Copies of Helen Creighton’s Sound Recordings.” Barrett, Creighton. 2009. Canadian Folk Music, Vol 43, No 2.